Banana Hazelnut Muffins
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbl melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two regular size muffin pans with paper liners. Should make 18-22 muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine bananas, buttermilk, melted butter, and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla bean paste to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Spoon prepared batter into muffin pans. Fill each muffin paper nearly to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes on cooling rack before eating
Recipe by Lou Lou Biscuit at http://www.louloubiscuit.com/banana-hazelnut-muffins/